Just in time for Christmas….7 days of razor clam digging being approved for December.
These digs occur at night so be sure you have proper lighting. And, be careful driving on the beach and be aware of the clam beds. Pay close attention to other clammers and pedestrians, and always keep your eye on the ocean.
Make sure you have a valid clamming license for the 2019-2020 season.
The official press release announcing the approved digs by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is on the agency’s website.
The approved dig was only made available to the public because of the hard work that state shellfish managers put in, plus the watchful eye of the Department of Health that conducts the marine toxin tests to ensure clams are safe to eat.
Check the Beach Map to ensure you are on the correct approved beach.
Upcoming digs are scheduled on the following dates, beaches and low tides:
- December 10, Tuesday, 5:28 pm, -0.2 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks
- December 11, Wednesday, 6:06 pm, -0.6 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis
- December 12, Thursday, 6:45 pm, -0.9 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks
- December 13, Friday, 7:26 pm, -1.0 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis
- December 14, Saturday, 8:08 pm, -1.0 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks
- December 15, Sunday, 8:53 pm, -0.8 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis
- December 16, Monday, 9:41 pm, -0.4 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Mocrocks
No digging is allowed before noon.
The DAILY LIMIT per person is 15 clams, no matter what condition they are in, once removed from the sand. That limit is subject to change. Always check with official sources if you have any questions. Digging BEFORE Noon during the fall season on the approved days is not allowed. All diggers age 15 or older must have an applicable fishing license to harvest razor clams on any beach. And, each digger must keep their razor clams in a separate container. Don’t mix your clams. Licenses, ranging from a three-day razor clam license to an annual combination fishing license, are available from license vendors around the state and WDFW’s licensing customer service number at (360) 902-2464.
Get your Razor Clam Society T-shirts here! Free shipping!!!!