The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) has just approved new razor clam dig dates that will run from Feb. 4 through March 10, at Long Beach after marine toxin tests showed the clams are safe to eat. The full press release from the WDFW can be found here.
Dates and tide times for the first week are below. Let’s dig!
- Feb. 4, Thursday, 3:41 p.m.; 0.8 feet, Long Beach,
- Feb. 5, Friday, 4:28 p.m.; 0.2 feet, Long Beach
- Feb. 6, Saturday, 5:11 p.m.; -0.3 feet, Long Beach
- Feb. 7, Sunday, 5:52 p.m.; -0.7 feet, Long Beach
- Feb. 8, Monday, 6:32 p.m.; -1.0 feet, Long Beach
- Feb. 9, Tuesday, 7:12 p.m.; -0.9 feet, Long Beach
- Feb. 10, Wednesday, 7:52 p.m.; -0.7 feet, Long Beach
WDFW also notes that for tidal information at Long Beach beginning Feb. 11, diggers should check the tide charts listed on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s webpage.