According to today’s press release from the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife Razor clam diggers can return to Long Beach and Copalis Beach later this week.
Digs at both beaches are on evening tides and include a seven-day opening (Jan. 21 through 27) at Long Beach a one-day dig (Jan. 22) at Copalis Beach.
The upcoming dig is scheduled on the following dates, beaches, and low tides:
- Jan. 21, Thursday, 4:49 p.m.; – 0.4 feet, Long Beach
- Jan. 22, Friday, 5:35 p.m.; -0.7 feet, Long Beach, Copalis
- Jan. 23, Saturday, 6:16 p.m.; -0.8 feet, Long Beach
- Jan. 24, Sunday, 6:54 p.m.; -0.7 feet, Long Beach
- Jan. 25, Monday, 7:31 p.m.; -0.4 feet, Long Beach
- Jan. 26, Tuesday, 8:05 p.m.; 0.0 feet, Long Beach
- Jan. 27, Wednesday, 8:39 p.m.; 0.5 feet, Long Beach
Be mindful: Under state law, diggers can take 15 razor clams per day and are required to keep the first 15 they dig. Each digger’s clams must be kept in a separate container.